Getting married on a cruise ship is an extremely romantic notion; there’s an incredible atmosphere, fantastic food, stunning scenery and some great photo opportunities to remember your special day by – not to mention you can head on your honeymoon mere moments afterwards!
We know that many people are interested in potentially getting married at sea, so in order to help you choose the cruise line which is right for hosting your big day, we’ve provided details on each of the cruise line packages so that you can easily compare and choose which is right for you.
Cruises that offer wedding packages...
Azamara Club Cruises
Azamara offer a range of wedding packages depending on the traveller's requirements.
There is a Test the Waters package, which is ideal for couples wanting to marry on deck, or you can opt for another package like the Shoreside Wedding, where you can select a destination of your choice.
- Azamara is a great cruise line that offers guests an all-round experience including weddings, vow renewals and honeymoons.
- All ceremonies will be performed by a government-approved official and can either be performed in selected areas of the cruise or at a chosen destination.
Carnival Cruise Lines
Carnival give guests the opportunity to choose between 5 wedding packages: Just You & Me, Time to Celebrate, Time to Celebrate...Big!, Let Us Serve You and Island Breeze.
Just You & Me is ideal if you want a small ceremony containing eight guests, whereas the Let Us Serve You deal is more of a luxurious occasion with a wedding breakfast and champagne toast.
- With 5 packages to choose from, Carnival offer a wide range of deals meaning it can cater for any type of couple.
- Due to the fun-loving atmosphere onboard, Carnival is a particularly great choice for younger couples or those who are young at heart!
- You can book Carnival wedding packages on any of the fleet’s ships.
Onboard a Celebrity cruise you can opt for the Nautical Nuptials at Sea, which includes a captain-led ceremony, an events coordinator, live music, one hour of photography, a cake for two, champagne, a bouquet and additional romantic amenities.
Shoreside ceremonies also include transportation to the destination chosen.
- The Captain performs wedding ceremonies on a Celebrity cruise, which some guests may favour.
- There’s also the option of extras (for a fee) including a welcome reception, bridesmaid tea party and a cigar and cognac party to start your wedding off in style.
Costa take into account that setting is everything when getting married at sea. That is why their packages come under a range of categories including Caribbean Island Wedding, Italian Shipboard Wedding and a Honeymoon & Anniversary package.
- There are several locations to choose from so you won’t be limited when it comes to finding the perfect setting.
- Locations are dependent upon the amount of guests attending so everyone can be catered for.
Cunard Cruise Line
"The Royal Wedding at Sea package on a Cunard ship provides couples with a wedding license, onboard wedding coordinator, two floral arrangements and traditional wedding music (although a live pianist, harpist or string quartet are available for a fee)."
- Now that the ships are registered in Bermuda, Cunard’s Captains can conduct ceremonies at sea.
- There’s something rather historic and charming about a Cunard cruise wedding, so if you’re swayed by British influence, this could be the cruise line for you.
Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines
If you are already married and you wish to renew your vows whilst onboard, Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines might just be the answer.
The Special Occasion packages allows couples to make their cruise that little bit special in a ceremony conducted by the ship's Captain. It’s worth noting that these ceremonies can only be performed on sea days.
- Included in the fee is a professional photographer and framed photo, single-tiered cake, bottle of champagne and commemorative certificates signed by the Captain.
Holland America Line
Royal Ocean Events is a company that is proud to work alongside Holland America Line to offer both onboard and destination ceremonies for guests.
There are four packages in total: a ceremony that is just for couples only, the Anchors Away Shipboard Wedding, Rembrandt Shipboard Package and the Royal Dutch Deluxe Package - all offering amazing extras like additional photos, 30-minute massages and more.
- You can opt for a cool in-port location such as the glacier in Juneau.
- Holland America has a mature and sophisticated ambience making it an attractive option for older couples wishing to get wed.
- Almost every Holland America ship has a dedicated chapel for onboard ceremonies to take place.
MSC offer two wedding package options: onboard weddings and shoreside weddings.
Onboard weddings include priority check-in for the couple and guests, a wedding coordinator and more. Shoreside ceremonies consist of destinations like Barbados, Jamaica and St. Maarten.
- MSC give couples the opportunity to customise their package, regardless of which one they choose, by upgrading with photography, music, flowers and everything in between.
- Couples can legally get married onboard and don’t have to worry about bringing legal documents with them.
Norwegian Cruise Line
Norwegian offer three wedding packages: Weddings at Sea, Escape by the Captain and Harbourside.
The Harbourside package even allows couples to marry at any port they choose if they fancy doing something a little different.
- Guests have priority embarkation if the wedding happens to be on embarkation day.
- Additional extras such as beauty spa treatments and tuxedo hire for those who require it.
On a P&O cruise you can opt to get married with the Weddings at Sea package.
This will be conducted by the Captain and champagne, floral arrangements and even invitations and thank you notes are included.
In wedding parties of 16 or more, the couple will receive £200 onboard credit. Not only this but each couple within the party will receive £100 of onboard credit and up to three complimentary cabins may be provided.
With Princess Cruises you can choose the Tie the Knot at Sea package, the Tie the Knot Harborside, or Tie the Knot Ashore.
These packages all include an abundance of highlights including a ceremony at a beach or garden, an onboard wedding chapel and photographer to capture your special moment.
- State-of-the-art technology means you can broadcast the ceremony live to family and friends.
- Princess offer a variety of wonderful features, services and facilities for an overall memorable experience.
Royal Caribbean International
Paradise Shipboard, Paradise Destination and Royal Romance at Sea again offers guests the chance to choose a programme that is going to fit their requirements.
The Royal Romance at Sea allows the couple to get married whilst the ship is sailing with the Captain conducting the ceremony.
- Shoreside ceremonies allow you to choose from a variety of exotic, tropical and historic locations
- Breakfast in bed and dinner for two are features that largely appeal to couples when booking.
Getting married at sea can be a unique and beautiful occasion. With choices like those shown above it’s clear to see why so many couples want to say ‘I do’ whilst on a cruise holiday.
If you would like more information regarding any of the choices listed in this post, please don’t hesitate to get in touch, and we’d be more than happy to help you begin planning your big day with one of our fantastic cruise ship deals.